Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hello Kitty Stamp Charm Bracelet and Pendant






My brother-in-law has an amazing fish tank with beautiful koi fish. He special orders their food online from Japan. When he received the package, he noticed the amazing and colorful stamps, featuring Sanrio characters, and decided to give it to me, thinking that I would find something crafty to do with it. And he was right.




The envelope itself was plastic, and I was unsure about whether or not I could peel the stamps off without doing damage so I cut out the shapes. After that, I used a needle to poke a hole in the top center of each stamp so I could turn them into charms and pendants. 


I then used regular matte Mod Podge on the front of the stamps. After letting it dry, I used Mod Podge Dimensional Magic. Letting the stamps dry overnight, the next morning I painted the back of each charm with silver glitter nail polish. 

Using a jump ring through the hole I punctured earlier, I made charms. I took two chains and attached them with a jump ring and a lobster clasp, attaching charms to the chain. I also made a necklace using a thinner chain, a lobster clasp and a jump ring. 


I added a tiny rhinestone to the heart shaped stamp charm on the necklace. 

I still have some stamps left and I may experiment by Mod Podging them to a more sturdy surface like wood pieces, because the stamps did curl a bit when I used the dimensional magic. Hopefully with experimentation, I will be able to get a better result, but all in all I'm happy with how cute this recycled stamp DIY came out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment